Junior Achievement of Northern New England Bowl-a-Thon Series
Almost half of the revenue generated annually by Junior Achievement of Northern New England (JANNE) is through a variety of special events held throughout the year. These special events are organized by JANNE and sponsored by our corporate partners. The cornerstone of JANNE’s special events is the annual Bowl-a-Thon series.
Why Bowl For Junior Achievement?
To do a good thing! Your participation will help inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.
How does a Bowl-A-Thon work?
- Your company will elect one or two Bowl-a-Thon coordinators, who will recruit teams to bowl.
- Each bowler will collect pledges either online or via pledge envelopes.
- JA will work with your Bowl-a-Thon coordinator to secure a date, time and location, and to ensure you have everything you need for a successful and fun Bowl-a-Thon.
- Companies will cover the cost of bowling (average costs are $25 per bowler and vary per alley).
- Individuals who are bowling are asked to raise at least $100.
For more information, contact Libby Allen at email@example.com.
Junior Achievement of Northern New England (JANNE) is one of more than 120 chapters of Junior Achievement USA (JAUSA), and is focused on serving disadvantaged K-12 students in Barnstable, Dukes, Essex, Middlesex, Plymouth, Norfolk, Nantucket, Suffolk and Worcester counties of Massachusetts, as well as the entire state of New Hampshire. During the 2011-2012 school year, JANNE delivered 1,650 programs in 203 schools and after-school sites, reaching over 36,000 youth through the efforts of 1,100 trained volunteers.
Since its inception in 1945, JANNE has been offering in-school and out-of-school classroom-based programs to help students develop financial literacy skills and to educate them about workforce readiness and entrepreneurship. JANNE trains community volunteers from a variety of professional backgrounds to deliver curricula and to incorporate their personal and professional stories within the lessons. These mentors are the hallmark of JANNE’s success in that it is their personal connections with the students that transform the JA lessons into relevant messages that have real world applicability to the students.