|POSITION TITLE||Program Manager|
|REPORTS TO||Director of Programs|
|SUBMIT COVER LETTER & CV TOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE||December 23, 2016|
|ABOUT JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT
Junior Achievement’s mission is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. JA is the world’s largest organization dedicated to educating young people on financial literacy, workforce readiness and entrepreneurship through programs taught by trained volunteers in schools, after-school sites and corporate or community partners throughout the world.
Junior Achievement of Northern New England is strategically focused on making the biggest impact possible by partnering with school districts, cities and towns to serve students throughout their Kindergarten to 12th grade education. For the 2015-2016 school year, JANNE reached 23,802 youth through the efforts of 1,516 trained volunteers throughout Central and Eastern Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALITIES·
· Directly impacts and directs Junior Achievement of Northern New England to achieve strategic focus of organization to increase reach and deepen impact for our students.
· Collaborates with Programs Team to facilitate whole-school/whole-district partnerships with schools and corporate/community partners.
1. Responsible for programming in target districts, to include in-class programming, as well as the programs listed above.
· Conducts work to produce high quality experiences and outcomes for all partners both internally and externally through attention to detail, a high level of organization and communication, and strategic and thoughtful planning and implementation.
· JA Skills to Achieve 2.0 (a one-day field trip for a class of high school students to a corporate partner to gain exposure to the working world and receive JA programming from corporate volunteers in financial literacy and workforce readiness)
1. Plan and execute all JA Skills to Achieve 2.0 programs.
2. Train all corporate volunteers who will be teaching this program.
3. Work closely with the development team to ensure corporate partners are leveraged and engaged effectively and thoughtfully.
· JA Finance Park Virtual (a teacher-led 13 week program for middle and high school students to help build a foundation for making intelligent, lifelong personal finance decisions)
1. Through targeted school outreach, help grow this program year over year.
2. Align schools participating in Credit for Life Fairs with JA Finance Park curriculum.
· JA Symposia (a one-day field trip for up to 150 high school students to a corporate/community site to receive focused programming and experiential learning in specific topics such as STEM)
1. Take a creative approach to engage host site effectively as a resource and curriculum provider, utilize JA curriculum, and engage key corporate partners.
2. Ensure funding requirements are met in conjunction with the development team.
3. Plan, execute, and facilitate a life-changing experience for high school students to inspire, prepare, and inform decisions to help them succeed now and in the future.
· Steward the JA mission and brand.
· Knowledge of correlating data and evaluations to provide an effective story and demonstrate program impact to funders and constituents.
· Train volunteers and partners to effectively deliver JA curriculum.
· Possess an unwavering focus on providing excellent customer service.
· Coordinates and tracks event logistics, materials ordering and distribution, and other administrative tasks included in the role.
· Conducts accurate and timely data entry of events, reports, and queries from Raiser’s Edge (RE).
· Assures adherence to program implementation standards and works with Program Director to file all necessary program variances and other supporting paperwork.
· Supports organization, as requested, at special events, Board meetings, and other meetings.
|Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Belief and passion for the Junior Achievement mission and work. Minimum three years’ experience in a project management and event planning role. Strong organizational/planning skills. Strategic, detail-oriented, and high caliber work ethic a must. Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment. Polished presentation style and strong interpersonal and excellent oral/written communication skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities. Computer literacy.|
|Desired: Prior experience working within education with schools, educators, administration, and community organizations preferred. Experience in Raiser’s Edge a plus and social media savvy.
Travel required with the JAofNNE area.
Willingness to work outside of “9-5” including early mornings, evenings, and some weekends.
|This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.|