|POSITION TITLE||Program Manager|
|REPORTS TO||Director of Programs|
|SUBMIT COVER LETTER & CV TOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE||March 24, 2017|
ABOUT JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT
Junior Achievement’s mission is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. JA is the world’s largest organization dedicated to educating young people on financial literacy, workforce readiness and entrepreneurship through programs taught by trained volunteers in schools, after-school sites and corporate or community partners throughout the world.
Junior Achievement of Northern New England is strategically focused on making the biggest impact possible by partnering with school districts, cities and towns to serve students throughout their Kindergarten to 12th grade education. For the 2015-2016 school year, JANNE reached 23,802 youth through the efforts of 1,516 trained volunteers throughout Central and Eastern Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
The Program Manager position is primarily responsible for stewarding partnerships with schools in the Lower Merrimack Valley and Worcester. This position will also focus on conducting targeted school outreach with the goal to drive awareness of and participation in JA Finance Park Virtual; a high-impact program for middle and high school students. The position requires passion for helping students, especially in the Lower Merrimack Valley and Worcester, an ability to be a self-starter, strong relationship building and an emphasis on project management and event planning skills and experience. The Program Manager has the opportunity to meet with key influencers in education, as well as volunteers from our corporate partners, which are some of the best known companies in the Greater Boston area.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALITIES
- Directly impacts and directs Junior Achievement of Northern New England to achieve strategic focus of organization to increase reach and deepen impact for our students.
- Collaborates with Programs Team to facilitate whole-school/whole-district partnerships with schools and corporate/community partners, specifically in Lawrence, Lynn, Lowell, and Worcester.
- Responsible for programming in target districts, to include in-class programming and engagement for capstone and locally-developed programs.
- Conducts work to produce high quality experiences and outcomes for all partners both internally and externally through attention to detail, a high level of organization and communication, and strategic and thoughtful planning and implementation.
- JA Finance Park Virtual (a teacher-led 13 week program for middle and high school students to help build a foundation for making intelligent, lifelong personal finance decisions.)
- Through targeted school outreach, help grow this program year over year throughout the entire JAofNNE footprint.
- Align schools participating in Credit for Life Fairs with JA Finance Park curriculum.
- Steward the JA mission and brand.
- Knowledge of correlating data and evaluations to provide an effective story and demonstrate program impact to funders and constituents.
- Train volunteers and partners to effectively deliver JA curriculum.
- Possess an unwavering focus on providing excellent customer service to a wide range of stakeholders: educators, administrators, corporate employees and executives.
- Works in collaboration with Development, Marketing, and Program Teams to meet goals and fulfill funding obligations.
- Coordinates and tracks event logistics, materials ordering and distribution, and other administrative tasks included in the role.
- Conducts accurate and timely data entry of events, reports, and queries from Raiser’s Edge (RE).
- Assures adherence to program implementation standards and works with Program Director to file all necessary program variances and other supporting paperwork.
- Supports organization, as requested, at special events, Board meetings, and other meetings.
Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Belief and passion for the Junior Achievement mission and work. Minimum three years’ experience in a project management and event planning role. Strong familiarity with Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn, and/or Worcester with a desire to grow JA programs in these cities. Strong organizational/planning skills. Strategic, detail-oriented, and high caliber work ethic a must. Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment. Polished presentation style and strong interpersonal and excellent oral/written communication skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities. Computer literacy.
Desired: Prior experience working within education with schools, educators, administration, and community organizations preferred. Experience in Raiser’s Edge and social media savvy a plus. Bi-lingual a plus.
Travel required within the JAofNNE area.
Willingness to work outside of “9-5” including early mornings, evenings, and some weekends.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.